Blogging is magical art form. If you are really great at blogging, then your words can bring anything to life. If you are professional blogger or a content writer for a brand, then it’s important your words portray the message that is meant to be delivered to your audience.
Unfortunately, the art of writing is often lost in blogging and content creation, simply because projects are rushed, there is too much on our minds, or day-to-day distractions are weighing a heavy tool on our creative writing and efforts.
However, one of the best ways to combat against all of these troubles, is to start listening to music while your are blogging, while also using high-quality noise cancelling headphones in the process.
It seems like no matter where you go, it’s just too noisy and distracting, and you can’t even get a second to think to yourself. With all of this in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best ways you can improve your writing, and blocking out some of the world’s annoying distractions in the process.
Get Yourself a Nice Pair of Noise Cancelling Headphones
When it comes to electronics and using headphones, everyone has their preferences. Whether they are cordless, tiny, big, or the latest technology, the one consistent that must be in place is that they are noise-cancelling. Sure, this might cost you a little bit more, but it’s going to make a world of a difference.
An excellent pair for your consideration, is the Sennheiser M3 Momentum Wireless Headphones. They currently have a 4.3 (out of 5) review on BestBuy, and come in both black or silver. They are currently available for $399. For anyone on a budget, there is also a generous 12-month financing plan available through the site as well.
Other benefits of the headphones include:
- Auto On/Off and Smart Pause
- Active Noise Cancellation (3 modes) and Transparent Hearing
- Three Button Interface
- Automatic Pairing Mode
- Smart Control App
- Smart ‘Tile’ Technology
- Soft Earpads and Headband
Lastly, there are also three different listening modes, which allow for distraction-free blogging and content writing no matter where you are. These listening modes are:
- Max: The Max mode offers Maximum Mode Cancellation
- (Airplane)Anti Wind: Provides noise cancellation optimized for outdoors
- Anti Pressure: Softer noise cancellation for at-home use
For bloggers and content creators on the go, they also fold right up into a small pouch. This makes it extremely easy for anyone to grab their laptop bag and headphones, while also making it easy for listening while on a flight, bus, or in the car.
Find the Music or Ambience to Get You in the Zone
Having the right pair of headphones to block out the noise and distractions is the first part of the creative writing process. Next you will need to get your hands on some great music to get you in the mood, or to clear your mind for the best writing possible.
Some of the best and easiest places to accomplish this are:
- YouTube: Whether you are using the website or the application, you can almost always find what you are looking for. They also have some great interviews, Ted Talks, and ambiance/chill music for easy listening. This ambiance and chill music is great for writing, as there are no words to listen to.
- Calm: This mobile application will provide you with soothing sounds and ambiance that is perfect for not only staying calm, but also to improve your writing as well.
No matter where you plan to connect to your favorite music or easy listening, be sure to connect through a method that will be easy to sync up with your wireless headphones. One less distraction we all need, is dealing with headphone cords and having them get tangled or in the way of the keyboard when we are writing.
Compare Your Writing From Before/After These Tips
With your pair of headphones and an endless supply of new music and tools for mindfulness in place, it’s now time to measure the results and see how things are going.
Here are a few simple questions to ask yourself after writing while in the zone for a few days or weeks:
- Do you feel more relaxed when writing?
- What is the process like without distractions?
- Is there a preference in the music you like while writing?
- How can you further improve your blogging and writing process?
The more you learn about yourself and these writing while listening to music methods, the better writer and content creator you can be. More than anything else, this is also about bringing a sense of calmness into your life and letting you focus on that one thing you are doing while in the zone — which should be your writing.
Be sure to run through each of the recommended tips above, while also securing a nice set of headphones, and see how the creative writing process improves over time.
Related blog posts and resources: