How do successful entrepreneurs make the right decision? How should business owners approach the latest technological innovation or social media platform? How can we ensure the maximum value from the time and money we invest in new directions?
With IGTV just launching recently, it is easy to feel excited or daunted by another avenue that you and your business could be utilizing. But that does not mean that you should necessarily be pouring yourself into yet another platform and marketing strategy without question.
In this episode, we tackle the idea of making clever decisions that suit you and your business, through the lens of the latest trends and social media options. We are not sure if you should dive into IGTV, but we can help you answer that and other questions for yourself!
We also talk about finding ways to make decisions from a place of security and inspiration rather than fear and anxiety, the three dangers of moving into a new area in your business and how to go about improving your decision-making process.
So for all your entrepreneurial needs, questions and aspirations, be sure to tune in as we help you level up!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Common baseline states of stress and anxiety. [0:06:45.1]
- The relationship between the world you inhabit and anxiety levels. [0:10:26.6]
- The launch of IGTV and what this new format offers. [0:12:12.3]
- The cycle of new platforms and what it means to be an early adopter. [0:14:56.7]
- How to live in the now in your business. [0:17:19.3]
- The three dangers that arise with new platforms [0:20:40.1]
- Deflating feelings related to the arrival of a new avenue of social media. [0:23:31.4]
- Wasting time staying the course to no result. [0:25:29.3]
- Missing out on good ideas through fear and doubt. [0:28:01.5]
- Distinguishing signals and the outcomes of our decisions. [0:32:03.7]
- Maintaining your self-esteem and belief through failure. [0:36:52.4]
- Creating a framework to make decisions for your business. [0:40:03.3]
- The downside of being too focussed and missing opportunities through this. [0:41:07.4]
- The dynamic of going all in on a new strategy or platform. [0:47:03.2]
- Analysis paralysis and learning to make decisions! [0:55:20.7]
- The easiest way to make a decision using a pros and cons list. [0:58:09.7]
- Allowing yourself to make a decision despite the dangers. [1:03:13.7]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- HoneyBook — https://www.honeybook.com/fizzle
- Sezzle — https://sezzle.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- Courage and Clarity Podcast — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Chase Reeves Youtube — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmadtJlpo-e2wnBOEgLvj1A
- Goat Yoga — https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/25/inside-the-original-goat-yoga-business.html
- Amy Porterfield — http://www.amyporterfield.com/
- Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
- Social Media Examiner — https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/
- Chris Ducker — https://www.chrisducker.com/
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- Anchor — https://anchor.fm/
- Soundcloud — https://soundcloud.com/
- Periscope — https://www.pscp.tv/
- MeerKAT — http://www.ska.ac.za/science-engineering/meerkat/
- Vine — https://vine.co/
- Peter Gabriel — http://petergabriel.com/
- Sliding Doors — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120148/
- Bitcoin — https://blockchain.info/fr/wallet/
- Logan Paul — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG8rbF3g2AMX70yOd8vqIZg
- David Allen — https://gettingthingsdone.com/
Learn how to set goals that actually stick!
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil’ guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »