Have you been wondering about attending a conference? Have you been to a bunch of conferences before? What were the outcomes of these past experiences and what can you hope for in the future?
Today we are talking conferences, retreats, gatherings, meet-ups and networking. With the huge amount of events of this nature taking place all the time, how do we choose which one to go to? And how should we approach them?
In this episode, the team gives you an insightful dive into the mechanics of the conference as well as shares some personal tips for the best experience. There is a whole world of opportunity awaiting you at the right event if you have the correct strategy and attitude!
We also talk about the time Chase and Corbett met at a conference, the latest incarnations of the conference format, finding your tribe and Chase’s very own concept of ‘third tier networking’.
So for all the entrepreneurs ready to make a great connection, learn an important lesson and get your business out into the public, this is an episode tailor-made for you! Tune in as we break it down!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The story of how Chase and Corbett met at The Blog World Conference. [0:05:31.3]
- The difference between virtual meetings and those in person. [0:09:46.2]
- The new avenue of conferences: the small retreat. [0:14:55.9]
- Attitudes and skills for a successful time at conferences. [0:19:40.6]
- Initial and subsequent reasons for attending events. [0:21:14.2]
- Finding and interacting with your tribe. [0:25:10.1]
- Open-heartedness and commitment to the process of networking. [0:26:54.4]
- Chase’s concept of ‘third tier networking’. [0:29:01.4]
- Some tips to making connections and first impressions with the right people. [0:32:39.5]
- Comparing events of different sizes and the pros and cons of each. [0:35:39.6]
- The absolutely vital elements of gatherings such as retreats and conferences. [0:45:01.2]
- Connections, visibility and opportunity. [0:52:23.9]
- Getting the most out of non-conference environments in daily life. [0:57:10.8]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Learn how to set goals that actually stick!
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil’ guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »